Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Throwing the Gauntlet (at my wife)

Awhile back, we bought a Flip mini camcorder. It didn't have tons of bells and whistles, but the claim to fame was ease of use.

So far we've taken a video here and there, but that's about it. Well, today I was giving my wife a hard time about it, and she decided to bust the Flip out on me right then and there. But her excuse for not using it is "You need to show me how."

I don't know how to use it either!!

For some reason, even though we can't do laundry or remember our wives' 19 step instructions for taking care of the house when they leave (I generally remember the first 3, then nod my head mutely for #4 - 19) - and even though we're not trusted to buy groceries lest we get the green box instead of the blue, for some reason when it comes to technology we're supposed to be idiot savants while our wives throw up their hands.

So, in retaliation, I took 10 minutes, and I DID figure out the Flip. I figured it out, and I posted Marie's video of us talking about the Flip. But I'm not going to tell her how. I'm going to force her to learn on her own. And let's see how long it takes her to get a video up on her blog. Until she does, she must acknowledge that my blog (with it's moving pictures and sounds) is better!!

So without further ado, here's me and my embarrassingly big, fat head talking about which of the kitchen appliances the Flip reminds me of since it's never being used.

Enjoy - and tease Marie until she gets her own videos going.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed knowing you, BJ.

*D*

Charissa said...

Oh man... at least it wasn't 15 seconds of "barnacle" with you laughing and Marie getting increasingly pissed off.... ah, the good ole days.