When you're smiling, the whole world smiles with you... except daddy, who is at work.
Today I had a meeting to discuss a reorganized infrastructure to better pursue large potential customers proactively, as proposed to responding to smallish opportunities as they appear. We call our approach "Big Game Hunting" and step one is harvesting contact information from within our organization. We're trying to creatively network, and leverage existing relationships as opposed to starting from scratch.
I was proposing our new infrastructure to the R&D group, to gather their thoughts and suggestions to helps us kick off this new initiative.
Sounds exciting, right?
In the middle of the meeting, my cell phone rings, and I see "Wifimus" on the display. Just in case something is wrong, I quickly excuse myself and answer the phone saying, "Is everything ok? Can I call you back?"
"Lily just smiled at me three times!" click.
So now, with the image of Lily laughing and giggling for the first recorded time is playing through my mind while I attempt to resume discussion. For the rest of the meeting, all I want to do is run home and make Lily smile. Instead, I get to explain why our focus is niche application as opposed to broad market perspective.
Sounds exciting, right?
All I know is that Lily is in for some serious daddy time tonight.
Thursday, September 29, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment