Monday, November 14, 2005


Hey, Look at me!

Ok, so Marie showed me that people leave comments on my blog. Thanks to A.D.D., I tend not to notice things like this.

But now that I realize people actually read the stuff I throw on here, I feel... compelled to try and get their attention. 1 day after I learned how to check comments, I find myself rooting for high comment counts.

C'mon! Big money! No Whammy!

It also makes me realize that there's a lot I don't know about blogging. Which does two things.

A) Makes me feel old. I used to be the smart generation. "No problem Grandpa, I can set the clock on your VCR." Now I feel like an Amish guy next to the 12 year olds who can land the space shuttle on route 8 while downloading Spongebob and eating pizza rolls.

B) Makes me want to learn more about it... until I start seeing things like "HTML", then refer back to "A".

At any rate, I'm hoping that people might be able to answer a few questions for me:

1) You know when you hear a song that's just so cool that you want to strap someone down and force them to listen to it? And when they don't react with an explosion of utter delight you just want to beat them over the head with the speaker until they "get it"? You know that feeling that the world is ok because this song exists? Well, I want to know if I can post some of those songs to my blog every once in awhile...

Is that possible?

2) How do you make a different picture with a title for your blog? I've got some really strange pictures that need a showcase. For instance, my friend Greg likes to take pictures of his finger with camera phones in such a way as to make them look like someone's bottom.

Note: I use the word bottom because any other word is probably equally silly and the Willis parents might read this.

3) How do you link to other sites that update info automatically? Like the moon thing on Katherine's site? I should link the stock value of my parent company or something much cooler than that since that's pretty lame.

Any other cool tricks?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There might be some copyright issues with you posting music.

Your stock prices would be interesting?

hmmmm...

kwpershey said...

my moon calendar is an html patch... there are lots more of those out there than there used to be. you can usually find what you're looking for by searching.

once you figure out the basics of html it is fun to play around with. not that i do too much, but what little i can do i'm happy with.

i thoroughly enjoy your blogimus, dude.

Unknown said...

That's great advice from Katherine: "you can usually find what you're looking for by searching."

Isn't it enough to place people's heads in drawings?

Marie said...

Ben once again you have made me laugh or you know, roll on the floor...can't wait to see you again!