Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Results are in...
I told Marie I would dress up (tie and all) and take her out to dinner if she was able to round up 20 comments on my blog.

This was due in part, to the fact that I spent hours on a covert mission to take secret pictures of Lily and post them to the world, and only received a handful of comments for my effort. I suppose that's what I get for posting once a quarter. However, Marie laid down some blogfood™ and had 10 responses within 12 minutes. I guess I was jealous of her massive blog network.


So Marie rose to the challenge, marshalled the troops, and BAM! comments from susie's and jenny's and michelle's galore! I now have 23 comments on my blog...


However, I feel a bit cheated. I should have laid down some ground rules about repetitive posters (like Marie, who posted 3 times). Her family also participated in multiple posting. Her mother went so far as to post the same exact thing twice!!

But I didn't set any rules, so Marie wins. But I guess I win too, as I'll get to spend an evening with my gorgeous wife. When you stop and think about it, the only losers will be the grandparents when we ask them when they'll be available to babysit...

11 comments:

Missy said...

love it! This is halarious!

Marie said...

yea! date with my hubby! can't wait...but me in a tie? i don't think so...

Katy said...

my guess is that final blog comments totals will surpass 20.

go MARIE!!

Katy said...

oh, and you could have photoshopped a tie she might actually wear, come one? blue with blue and black, don't think so!

michelle_d said...

Somehow, I don't think the grandparents will think they are the losers in this whole situation! An evening with Lily. I'm sure they'll love it!

Susie said...

I think she needs a new pair of shoes, too. Marie, not Lily.

Mary Jo said...

OK, I love all the pictures of sweet Lily, but the one on this post is tops them all :)
Marie, aren't you just so cute!

Jenny L. said...

Awww, good for you. You two sure look sharp!

Anonymous said...

it's a win, win, win situation! the grandparents will love some alone time with lily all to themselves. and you get some alone time with your hottie wife! hey all these comments aren't bad for posting 4 times a year! great pictures by the way - I think you should make a scrapbook for lily! hehe

RACHEL =) said...

LOL, this is funny!! Okay, helping Marie -- dress up and take her out to dinner!!!! =)

Mi'Chelle said...

dangit.

i'm an idiot.

i need to read ALL of the page before i start posting multiple comments on the first entry that I see.

well.