Monday, August 21, 2006

Lillian's Birthday (continued)

Last time, on "Lily's Birthday" we had red wagons, we had presents, we had...

...cupcakes.

Here's what happens when 1 year old Lillians encounter birthday cupcakes in the wild... enjoy.















Reach for it Lily! Reach!















Got it! Now what do I do?
















Let's try the mouth... that usually seems to work.
















Another successful mouth test! Let's go back for some more...
















Hee hee... It's my birthday...
















My hands are slowing me down. Time to cut out the middle man.
















You sure I'm allowed to eat this?
















Good! Then let's get some more in there!
















I love my birthday!
















Now I'm squeaky clean. You know the best part of bath time...
















...Duckies!
















Check out my duck face.
















Quack! Quack!






















Now I think I'll have a little light reading before bed. Preferably something with a happy ending. Maybe one of these on books on the bottom here...















Shhh.. don't tell her it's upside down.

Happy birthday little girl. We love you very much. One year went by too fast, but I can't wait for the years to come.

Love,
Daddy.

21 comments:

Marie said...

baby buns!!!!!!

Missy said...

You are the funniest dad! I love this post. Cracked me up(tee hee hee) We are so blessed to have you in our life!

Elizabeth said...

that first squeaky clean Lily picture totally looks like Maddie to me when she was that age! And that duck face... oh my goodness.

Anonymous said...

I know of one daddy that will be in big trouble one day once a certain one year old becomes older.....

Great pictures! Keeping Marie out of the house allows you to let Lily REALLY enjoy her birthday!

michelle_d said...

What a sweetie! Great photos of sweet little Lily! Happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

just helping you out....

kwpershey said...

a.d.o.r.a.b.l.e.

Beverly said...

These are really cute pictures. I especially like the cupcake sequence.
M

Beverly said...

These are really cute pictures. I especially like the cupcake sequence.

Cassie L. said...

you are hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Just trying to help...

Pink Shoes said...

I don't even know if I've ever commented on your wife's blog, but I'm commenting on yours to up the comments. Make sure it's a nice restaurant! :)

Shelly Brewer said...

These pictures are hilarious! The duck faces!! OH MY! I'm so glad Marie will get to eat a great meal out!

Heather J Elder said...

hehehe...funny pics.

Heather J Elder said...

take marie to dinner...she is a good deserving mama!!!

Charissa said...

Love those. Lily is adorable. I miss you all very much!

rebecca said...

very cool! (btw...take Marie to dinner)

Anonymous said...

Mason says "Baby Lulee so cut"! What a great post!

Anonymous said...

i've never seen such a surprised duck before.

Mi'Chelle said...

that's darling.

i'm happy to see baby buns documented. they are so adorable.

NPR Junky said...

Oh my goodness gracious this is the funniest post. Here from Charissa's blog.

Your baby girl is adorable!