Saturday, December 02, 2006


More good stuff...

I feel compelled to put pictures on my blog. Last week, I wrote about Triscuits, without a picture.

There, now I feel better.




Oh, and here's choking... or a frontal neck massage. The guy does look relaxed.





As I randomly surf the internet, Animal Planet is playing in the background and I'm hearing horrific stories of angry hippopotami. (Quick aside: whenever you have to use a plural form that ends in "i", don't you feel a little silly, or like you are trying to sound intelligent?)



















Speaking of octopuses...

Octopuses is technically correct- check this out:

A note on the plural form: Fowler’s Modern English Usage states that "the only acceptable plural in English is octopuses", and that octopi is misconceived and octopodes pedantic. Octopi derives from the mistaken notion that octopus is Latin, which it is not. Rather, it is Latinized Greek.

The info continues, but they had me at "Latinized Greek".

So where was I? Octopus--> Octopi--> Hippopotami--> Triscuit--> Pictures.

Incidentally, if you put all of those words into google and hit search you get... absolutely nothing. Coincidence? I think not.

Good talk.

No comments: