Saturday, December 02, 2006


This post is not intended to be funny...

But it is intended to let people know about something that I think is hilarious. First of all, my sense of humor might possibly be different than... let's say, a lot of people.

So it is that Homestar Runner is one of the funniest things going on the internet (as far as I'm concerned) and now I've found that there's a homestar runner video podcast on itunes!

Alright, here's another disclaimer. I think the guys might laugh a little harder than the girls on this one... not due to any sexist, stereotype humor, but due to the fact that our sense of humor often extends to things that are just a little bit stranger.

Here's a quick synopsis. Homestar Runner is a website that's been around for awhile and has an unusual cast of cartoon characters. Everyone's favorite is Strongbad, who answers emails.

It's the Strongbad emails that can now be found on itunes. Everything from a clinic on how to draw dragons "with beefy arms and majesty" to the "Teen Girl Squad". Most of these shorts are not witty, make no sense, have no discernable plot, and are just hilarious... To me at least.

So here's a call to action: Go to itunes and under the featured podcasts, take a look at HomestarRunner, or Strongbad's emails. I recommend downloading "Dragon" or one of the "Teen Girl Squads" as your first foray. Then, after you shake your head in confusion, let me know what you think.

Oh... and it looks like TMBG has a podcast now as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love teen girl squad. can i also recommend http://whiteninjacomics.com to you?